Tuesday, April 29, 2008

27th April 2008


Today would have been Mom’s 81st birthday, and Mom and Dad’s 51st wedding anniversary. So today was hard. I tried to just be as busy as possible and fill the day with things that were either fun, or useful. And I knew I needed, and wanted, to take a walk up to the dell where we scattered Mom and Dad’s ashes. That’s a picture of the place we scattered them, above. It’s deep in the woods, in a dell (or hollow) full of birch trees. This time of year it is full of bluebells. As you walk into the wood you can smell the little blue flowers, a really lovely delicate fragrance. They are everywhere, in fact it is hard not to step on them. Everyone in England talks about woods full of bluebells, but this is the first time I have actually seen a bluebell wood for real and walked in it. The picture does not do it justice, and I cannot find adequate words to describe the amazing carpet of blue as far as the eye can see and beyond. And to think when we decided on the dell, I had no idea there would be bluebells there. I’m so grateful we were led to this gorgeous peaceful place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.