Monday, April 28, 2008

Saturday 26th April 2008

We drove to Burton-on-Trent again this morning as Guy and Alex had appointments for haircuts and Guy and I had appointments with our aesthetician. It takes us just under three hours to get back up there, and as we were due to meet our friend for lunch we left just before 9.30am. Sadly, she cancelled at 9.40am – which was kind of annoying as we could have slept in and left much later. Our earliest appointment was 2pm. Never mind.

We stopped off at The Spread Eagle in Rolleston-on-Dove for lunch. It was always one of our favourite pubs, but lately the food has just not been up to scratch and today was no exception. We ordered steak sandwiches which were cold. It’s a shame because the manager and staff are so friendly, but the food really lets them down. I don’t think we’ll be rushing back soon. It was so disappointing. Anyway, we headed off to Burton and I managed to nip in and get my fringe (bangs) trimmed before my appointment with Eve, our aesthetician at Eden Beauty in Burton. I had an oxygen facial this time – apparently Madonna has them. Well, I didn’t come out looking as good as Madonna – who I think is looking absolutely amazing in her most recent video 4 Minutes - but I did come out looking very rested!!

After we had finished in Burton we headed back home, stopping at The Swan in Pangbourne for dinner on the way home. We really enjoyed ourselves. The atmosphere is lovely there and it is super being right on the water. Folks even moor up their boats at the moorings outside and nip in for a pint or some dinner! The staff are wonderful and the manager was very concerned as the food service was a bit slow due to the fact that they had a party of 45 in for dinner. He kept coming over to apologise and eventually offered us free drinks which was very nice. When our food did arrive it was absolutely delicious, piping hot and beautifully presented. I think we’ve found a new favourite pub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.