Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thursday

My friend has just told me that she has chosen the same curtain fabric for her kitchen as mine. She said “I hope you don’t mind”. Mind? Heavens no! I’m really flattered. I honestly do believe that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and I’m thrilled that she liked my choice so much she chose it for her own home. It’s made me feel really confident about decorating – which is wonderful because pretty soon – in December – we’ll have been in the house a year and can start to decorate the actual walls.

Oh gosh, did I just say “December” and “soon” in the same sentence? Where is the year going? I honestly have never known time to fly by so fast. On some levels it is really scary. Other times, like when Guy is away on business, it suits me. But saying “December” and “soon” in the same sentence in June? Well, that’s just asking for trouble!

I’ve been thinking a lot about my website, and in particular the Recipe of the Week page. I like the page as it is and don’t want to change it too much but I’d really like to expand on it. I love to cook – and eat – and I’d really like to do something more. So, I’ve started a blog totally devoted to the 21st Century Housewife’s Kitchen and food in general. You can see it by clicking here. Have a look and let me know what you think!

I’ve had a really good day so far today. I had Pilates this morning and then, as I was in town and had some shopping to do, I ran some errands. I managed to find absolutely everything I wanted, everyone was helpful and, aside from in Marks and Spencer’s, I didn’t have to queue. Now that’s my idea of shopping! The only minor glitch was that I got home to find the power off. It wasn’t a total loss though as it made me go across the street to ask if their power was off too which meant I’ve finally met my neighbour across the road! After six months, it’s about time!! Yes, their power was off too, but it had only been for about ten minutes. And the best news was, it came on again just after I walked back through the front door.

Alexander has a day off school tomorrow and I’m hoping we’ll be able to do something together – possibly go into London to a museum or shopping. We still enjoy spending time together, which I know makes me a very lucky mother. The only catch is that, if Alex sees someone he knows, I have to pretend not to know him and walk on ahead. It’s a bit soul destroying, but it’s a small price to pay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.