Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Adding a Bit of Glamour to the Weekly Shop


I love fashion, and one of my biggest weaknesses is designer handbags. Dior, Vuitton and Ferregamo bags have all made their way into my closet over the years. I love my handbags, and would never part with them. From my first investment purchase of a Ferregamo bag almost a decade ago, to my classic black quilted patent Lady Dior bag purchased on a shopping spree at Harrods (the first of several Dior bags, much to the 21st Century Husband’s dismay!) to the Louis Vuitton Speedy Bag that Guy and Alex bought me for my birthday one year in Paris, each one of my bags has a story. Deciding which handbag to use is something that really gives me a lift even on a dull day.

So imagine my excitement when I found out that a designer was making shopping bags to carry your groceries in! Not only that, but all the profits from the bag go to charity. Well done Cath Kidston! Although I know she is not in the same league as Dior and Vuitton, I do love her designs , and what a wonderful thing to do. Not only that, but the bag is totally environmentally friendly as it is made out of recycled plastic bottles. It’s so pretty and does not feel in the least bit plastic, so I cannot figure out how they’ve done it, but never mind. Working in partnership with Tesco, Kidston is raising money for Marie Curie Cancer Care and doing her bit for the environment at the same time. Apparently, over the next few months a total of six designs will be available, all priced at a very affordable £3.50. I’ve bought a number of the one at left, and have been giving them to people when I take hostess gifts to lunches or dinner parties, and I’ve also used my own bag to carry things to Pilates and the gym. At this rate, I’ll be popping into every Tesco’s I can just to find the other designs! (My local Tesco just has the one pictured at the moment. ) To find out more about these lovely bags, click here.

What a wonderful idea – helping the environment, a worthy charity and adding a bit of glamour to the weekly shop, all the same time. Again, well done to Cath Kidston and company, and also to Tesco’s. It’s nice to be able to praise a supermarket for a change!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.