Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Just ticking along...

It’s been a busy week so far, but today was a lovely break in the middle. My dear friend Lel came up for the day and we had a wonderful time just chatting, having lunch and a good old gossip. It was a brilliant “girly” day and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I’m so grateful to have such wonderful friends.

I’ve been working very hard with my personal trainer, Pilates instructor and yoga teacher over the past weeks to get in really good shape for our holiday. I’m packing the suitcases now and I have to say I cannot wait to get to Cyprus and just chill out for a week. Alex has been going through more nonsense and bullying at school, and it is all getting a bit much. A break will do us all good.

I’ve said it before but I will say it again, exercise makes such a difference in one’s life. Whether it is walking, running, Pilates, Yoga or cycling, being active is key to getting the most out of life. I’m really blessed to be able to have access to the professional teachers that I do, but anyone can incorporate more exercise into their life on one level or another. It helps you keep fit in both body and mind. Exercise has helped me to deal with the grief over losing my parents and to cope with what has been a very stressful year. Yoga has been marvellous for that as well. I have not had a cold in months, I feel fit and well (if a bit stiff once in a while!) and I recovered from an injury to my back a few months ago with lightening speed. If someone asked me what one thing they could do to improve their life, the first thing I would suggest is exercise.

I’ve been working hard on my writing and have been rewarded with more attention from various publications which is wonderful. It’s encouraging me to have a go at finally finishing my manuscript for 21st Century Housewife. The draft has been sitting there for ages and I must get down to finishing it. I sent myself the first draft and secured the copyright almost five years ago! But it isn’t going to finish writing itself nor will it send itself to a publisher. It’s time for me to focus and get it done! I think I’ll take my computer on holiday with me….

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.