Saturday, October 25, 2008

Ready for the Off

Well, we are all sitting here ready to set off for our holiday. This is very unusual for us – normally any departure involves frazzled people rushing round at the last minute, and sometimes even shouting. But today is different. I think it is also because we are all keenly aware of how desperately each of us needs this break and none of us wants to upset each other! It may also be because our flight doesn’t leave until 8.30pm tonight, and even though we have to get all the way to Gatwick, we’ve still got plenty of time to drop my car off at the garage. (It’s still making a bit of a noise on the left hand side.)

I do find it funny that now we live close to Heathrow, a lot of our flights seem to go from Gatwick. It seems very strange, but then we have started to go to some different places lately. Our New York flights at New Year are from Heathrow though.

It’s been a very relaxing morning actually. I even managed to make a batch of muffins, accomplishing the double purpose of a) appearing to be a domestic goddess even under busy circumstances and b) using up the last of the eggs before we go away. Not only that, but I’ve stashed the six muffins we didn’t eat in the freezer for us to have when we get back home. Oh, and the kitchen is all tidy and spotless too. It’s a level of organisation I rarely manage and I’m basking in the glow of my accomplishment.

And I have to say I just can’t wait to get to Cyprus. It’s a five hour flight and we arrive in the early hours of tomorrow morning so it could be a bit of an endurance test, but we are sitting in the comfy seats on the plane so it shouldn’t be too bad. I’m going to try to keep my blog updated whilst I’m away so barring any technical hitches, there should be regular posts. Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.