Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Home, Sweet Home

No matter how much I enjoy a holiday, I always love coming home – even when home is fifteen degrees cooler! It really is autumn here now, with the nights drawing in incredibly early. It started to get dark around four o’clock this afternoon, and now at five o’clock, it’s pitch black out there.

It’s been a busy time since we got back, trying to get organised for the autumn season and also starting our Christmas preparations. I’ve had another article published by Reuters International as well, from my blog Recipes from the 21st Century Housewife’s Kitchen. If you would like to see it, please click here. The 21st Century Teenager goes back to school tomorrow and is heading for GCSE examinations in late November, along with GCSE Mock Examinations (practice ones for the real thing next May/June) in November and December so it is a busy time for him as well. And of course the 21st Century Husband is always busy with work!

It’s taking me a little while to get back into the swing of things. I have not relaxed properly in such a long time that our holiday has left me a bit drained – especially as having so much time to think really allowed me the time to process all the things that have happened this year. I’m not sure if that was a good thing or not as I spent quite a lot of our holiday mourning my parents. I realise now that being frantically busy means you don’t have time to think – and once I did it all came crashing in on me. I am incredibly grateful to have had such a lovely break in such a beautiful place though. If you would like to see where we stayed please click here. The Eylsium is gorgeous. We stayed in two of their deluxe bedrooms which had balconies and views of the sea. It really is a lovely setting. Cyprus has some breathtaking sea views – and don’t get me started on the sunsets!

A great session with Judith my personal trainer was a wonderful start to the day today and really energised me. And then yoga helped me to relax so that was good too. In between I’ve been throwing in loads of washing one after the other (I guess I could call that “chain washing”?!) and trying to get the housework caught up, along with doing some writing and catching up on correspondence. So it’s back to normal…or perhaps I should say normal chaos…in the 21st Century Household once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.