Tuesday, December 30, 2008

We had such a nice evening yesterday. After dinner the 21st Century Husband and I sat down to watch Holiday Inn, starring Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire. I love old black and white films (not the old war pictures or westerns, but nice films!) and this one is fantastic. It is a step back into a much more innocent time, albeit a time when the world was at war, and America was about to join the fray. My mother was fourteen when it was released, my Dad was seven and the world could not have been more different than the one we live in today. Watching it was a very pleasant way to while away an hour and a half, and we both felt very cheerful indeed after watching the happy (if slightly predictable and kitsch, but then that is what old movies are all about) ending. Holiday Inn is such a classic.

We are all really excited now, and it isn’t long until we are heading off to the Big Apple. We are all packed and ready to go.

I have a New Year thank you to say to my readers this month as my website www.21stcenturyhousewife.com has had more hits than ever before. The numbers have been steadily increasing over the months and I want to offer my sincere thanks to the over 6,000 readers who now visit the site every month.

Regular readers may already know about my other blog on Blogger.com “Recipes from the 21st Century Housewife’s Kitchen”. You can read it by clicking here. I’ll be writing particularly about our culinary adventures in New York on this blog. It’s pretty different from this blog but you just might enjoy it so do have a look!

And in case I don’t get a chance to blog tomorrow as we will be travelling and then attending a dinner, let me take this opportunity to with Everyone a Very Healthy, Happy and Prosperous New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.