Saturday, September 26, 2009

Taking It Easy

It’s important to give yourself a break from time to time. After all, being a housewife isn’t about doing it all, or doing it all yourself. You are allowed to take it easy on yourself once in a while.

For example, this morning, I made muffins for breakfast from a mix. No gasps of horror please - ninety percent of what comes out of my kitchen is made from scratch. I have nothing to prove and this morning I needed a break. Now I’m the first one to say that it is very easy to put the dry ingredients for homemade muffins in one bowl and the liquid ones in another the night before, pop them in the fridge and just mix them together in the morning. However last night I was really, really tired. I had a great week this week, but I was out very late a couple of nights and eventually that catches up with you. I really didn’t feel like dividing up ingredients. I felt like curling up on the sofa with my wonderful husband, watching some television and then having an early night - so I did.

This morning I made a lovely breakfast of berries grown locally in Berkshire, freshly brewed coffee and muffins hot and fresh from the oven. Yes they were made from a mix, but no, nobody minded. They were just happy to have a wonderful weekend breakfast made with love.




Incidentally, muffin mixes cost only a few pence more than making muffins from scratch, and they certainly cost less than buying them from a shop. I wouldn’t want to use them all the time, but from time to time it is absolutely fine.

Remember, you don’t have to do it all yourself. Give yourself a break from time to time - and have a wonderful weekend :-)