Monday, January 18, 2010

Making Me Smile on Monday

Mondays can be hard work, and this one has been a bit of a doozy. Nothing serious, you understand, just quite a lot going on all at once plus having to deal with a couple of things I would not have minded missing out on completely. Typical Monday for most folks really. But I have so much to be grateful for! Here are some of the things that made me smile today.


These daffodils are blooming in a container on our patio - despite the fact there is still some snow scattered around and it’s pretty darn cold out there.




I found this gorgeous blue pitcher and matching bowl in the January sales on Saturday. They are by Swedish Grace and both retail at £52 each in House of Fraser. They are the perfect colour for my kitchen and they were marked down to less than £17 each. I wasn’t even looking in the china department - I was actually lining up to pay for some sheets. One of the sales people opened up another till in the china department and asked me to come over. There they were sitting there like some had just left them waiting for me :)


When I got them home I found they matched the blue in my kitchen curtains and blinds perfectly!


I finally found some letters to decorate with in the main “family bathroom”. At first my husband thought I was crazy, but now even he sees how cute they are. And at under £10 they were a real bargain!

Oh, and while I was sorting through some old papers, I found a photo of my Grandpa and Grandma’s wedding day. I scanned it into iPhoto and enhanced it a bit, and now look! What a beautiful couple they made.



Just a few things to make me smile in the middle of a very chaotic day. Hope they encourage you to be on the lookout for things that make you smile too!

2 comments:

  1. THANK YOU once again for hosting the LeCreuset giveaway that arrived today. I can't wait to bake a new recipe in it this weekend!
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so welcome Joyce! I'm so glad it arrived safely - enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.