Monday, January 25, 2010

A Place to Rest, Read and Dream




I think every house should have at least one cozy corner where you feel invited to take the weight off your feet and sit down with a cup of tea and a book. This is one of them in my house.

Blue is my all time favourite colour, and I am particularly fond of this blue and cream sofa. We had it made for the living room in our previous home. I think that was my favourite room ever - decorated in French regency style. The curtains, which had gorgeous fabric pelmets, matched the sofa. Then we had plain blue armchairs accented with pillows in the sofa/curtain fabric.

When we moved to our new house two years ago, the living room was a different layout and we realised we needed to start afresh. Plus the chairs were getting very faded and needed re-covering. But there was no way I was parting with my favourite sofa! Luckily, this house has a wonderful kitchen. It’s really big, and as well as space for a sideboard, kitchen table, chairs, lots of cupboards and an island, I also have a corner surrounded by windows that is perfect for a cozy corner. And from the very first moment this sofa just looked like it belonged there.

So I chose curtains and blinds to compliment it and it has lived in this very spot ever since. It is one of my favourite places to sit, and visitors always seem to like to come and sit in here too - despite plenty of other places to sit in our house! It really is the perfect place to read, chat or just sit and dream.

Oh, and if you are wondering what happened to the blue chairs, I gave them to friends, who have used them to make cozy corners of their own!

And as this little bit of my home is blue, I have linked this post up with Blue Monday over at Smiling Sally’s Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.