Saturday, January 30, 2010

Serendipity


I’ve been looking for a console table for our upstairs hallway for ages. I’ve actually got room for two large console tables up there along my very long walls, but I haven’t been able to find even one console table I really wanted at any price. (Except one in Harrods’ antique section, but as it cost as much as a small house it was sadly completely out of the question.)

Then, while looking through a Laura Ashley Home catalogue the other day, I found the “Garrat” chestnut coloured console table pictured above. Isn’t it pretty? It’s the perfect size for one of the walls plus with four drawers and two shelves, it’s the sort of piece of furniture that will be functional as well as beautiful.

I am rarely one to buy things without seeing them “in the flesh”, but I’ve got quite a few pieces of Laura Ashley furniture already, and I’m really pleased with them. As well as several pieces from their Balmoral range in the living room, they also custom made my living room sofas and chairs, plus a wonderful armchair in my library which I have had for nearly ten years now. Their quality is excellent and their customer service is very good too.

So I went online and had a look at the Laura Ashley website. It took me a few minutes to find the Garrat console table I was looking for, but when I did I had a wonderful surprise. It was in their winter sale, and priced at fifty percent off! Needless to say, I ordered it immediately!!

So in less than six weeks, it should be making itself at home in my upstairs hallway. I just know it is going to look really beautiful there and the best part is, for once, I’ve come in under budget!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.