Wednesday, March 31, 2010

How Does Your Garden Grow?

March is going out like a lion here today, with blustery cold winds and grey skies. It feels more like autumn than spring. But despite the fact the birds are shivering outside on my bird feeder, my garden is reminding me that spring is definitely here and the good weather is coming. I noticed this morning that there are flowers forming on my tulips:-


and that before long my hyacinths will be in bloom.




Even the aquilegia are coming through beautiful bright green.



Soon they will be covered in delicately elegant blue flowers.

We have a four day weekend here in England to celebrate Easter and I’m hoping to get more done in the garden. The weather is not predicted to be nice until Sunday, but that won’t stop us going to the garden centre to choose some new flowers for when the sun finally does come out. Hopefully on Monday it might be warm and dry enough to plant them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.