Monday, June 28, 2010

My Kind of Weekend

This weekend was just that - my kind of weekend.  We spent time in the garden, we barbecued and ate virtually every meal outside, I spent some time baking and gardening and we got a few of those niggly jobs we had been meaning to do at home done. We even slept in on Sunday.  It was idyllic.  
I’m thrilled at how the flower gardens are coming together.  







I’ve still got tons of space to fill in the beds of our very large L shaped garden, but it’s slowly coming together and really taking shape.  I’m also really excited about our vegetable beds which are growing like crazy.   Perhaps my thumb is a bit greener than I thought!



I cooked with peas from the garden this weekend, and today I’m about to use my first zucchini in Roast Vegetables.  And if all the blossoms turn into beans on my bean plants, I’m going to be able to feed the whole neighbourhood!  



Sadly we also watched England lose the football and get sent home from the World Cup, but the rest of the weekend was so lovely, it didn’t seem to matter.  (Well, at the time it did, but we are over it now!!)
I’m the kind of person who loves to keep very busy and my family have a lot of exciting things to look forward to over the next few weeks, but every once in a while I love a quiet weekend like this to regroup, relax and spend time just being at home.  It was wonderful.  I hope you had a wonderful weekend too!

2 comments:

  1. Your raised beds are beautiful. We are adding those gradually; our soil is terrible!
    Thanks for dropping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful time of year to be in England...apart from the football of course! At least you weren't going for Australia!

    Best wishes for a great weekend!
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.