Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Ecover Stain Remover


Ecover recently sent me a bottle of their new stain remover to test. Ecover’s effective ecological laundry products are among the best on the market, and I use them in my own home, so I had high hopes for this great addition to their line. I wasn’t disappointed.

We get into our fair share of stains in our house. My work as a food writer and recipe developer mean lots of food based stains, gardening leads to heavy dirt and grass stains, and we all seem to attract ink stains like magnets - odd in this day of computers, but there you have it! Also, I was even able to test the stain remover on blood as immunisations for an upcoming business trip led to my husband getting blood on one of his best shirts.

Ecover Stain Remover did a sterling job on all these stains. Food, including tomato sauce and blueberry, dirt, grass, ink and blood all came out beautifully. I particularly liked the handy and convenient brush applicator which is also great for pre-treating shirt collars and cuffs before they go into the wash. Ecover Stain Remover is suitable for white and colourfast laundry and is made of plant based ingredients so it is kind to the environment as well as your clothes.

My verdict? This is one of the best stain removers I have used, and it doesn’t contain all the nasty ingredients so many conventional stain removers do. It’s the only stain remover I will buy from now on. 



The 21st Century Housewife was not paid for this post. I was sent a free bottle of stain remover to test. This is an unscripted review and contains my own personal opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.