Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Relaxing Weekend



My weekend started off really well because I had the pleasure of being featured on two of my favourite blogs - in Thoughts on Friday from the Middle of the Road on A Moderate Life and on Frugality and Crunchiness with Christy. I’m so grateful to both Alex and Christy for mentioning me and for their lovely comments.

This morning started off early, but well, with a lovely breakfast at a new local restaurant called Bill’s. It’s in a beautiful old listed building, and they’ve restored it really sensitively. Warmly welcoming, with a fantastic menu, and lots of wonderful things that you can buy to take home. In fact, they have lists and you can just tick off what you want and your server will do your shopping for you while you enjoy your meal! We had a fantastic breakfast there and I really can’t wait to go back.





My husband had the dish above, lovely fresh eggs and bacon, freshly toasted homemade bread, grilled tomatoes and fried mushrooms. Scrumptious! I had a bacon sandwich that was wonderful too.

This afternoon we even managed a short walk down by the river. We live just a few minutes’ walk from the Thames and a beautiful lock. We love to stand and watch the boats go through, eating an ice cream from the Lock Cafe.




You can walk for miles along the Thames Path, but today was just a short visit as my husband had lots of work to do and my ‘to do’ list wasn’t getting any shorter, but it really was lovely. I’m so grateful to live where we do - right on the edge of the countryside, but only a few minutes’ drive from a large town, and half an hour by train from London itself. For us, it is truly the best of all possible worlds.

Now there is a chicken roasting in the oven for dinner, and my husband and I are both at work in our home office. I can hear my son and his friend laughing upstairs. Even though we are busy, it’s lovely just to be together.  I am so grateful for days like today.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.