Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The NOW Foundation Love Your Body Campaign


I’ve written quite a lot about body image recently, including a piece on Real Beauty and Endangered Species Women, as well as the Just As You Are page, which has been on this site for a number of years. 
A few days ago, I came across The National Organisation of Women’s Love Your Body Campaign. Their major concern is how advertisers target women and young girls by making us feel inadequate, one of my pet peeves. They have named October 19th as Love Your Body Day, in the hope of raising awareness of how we are being marketed to, and to encourage us to feel better about ourselves. 
I downloaded their PDF presentation of Sex, Stereotypes and Beauty, The ABCs and Ds of Commercial Images of Women, and I confess I was shocked. 

To read more, please click here...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.