Thursday, November 03, 2011

It's National Housewife's Day

It’s National Housewife’s Day in North America today, and that makes it the  perfect day to celebrate the many women who make housewifery their full or part-time career. 
Being a housewife today is very different than it was when most of us were growing up, and miles away from the stereotypical 1950’s housewife portrayed in the media. Today, we are empowered professionals - project managers, diplomats, child care workers, nurses, psychologists, chefs, chauffeurs, interior designers, party planners, financial managers, social secretaries, electricians, repair people, travel consultants and change management experts all rolled into one. It’s the most fulfilling career I have ever had. 
When I first started The 21st Century Housewife website back in 2002, I wrote a piece called Secrets to Being a Happy and Fulfilled 21st Century Housewife. It’s still on the website, and I think it is just as relevant today as it was ten years ago with lots of hints and tips to help housewives today really enjoy what they do. To read it, please click here.
Happy Housewife’s Day!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Housewife's Day, April. I appreciate all you and your blog stand for. A job well done!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.