Monday, November 14, 2011

Peanut Butter and Honey Slice and Bake Cookies


Photo credit Alex J Harris

Ever had a peanut butter and honey sandwich? Remember how good they taste? Well, even they don’t taste as good as these cookies! This is the second of the Slice and Bake recipes I was working on a couple of weeks ago, and is based on a recipe my Mom shared with me when I was a little girl. 
These cookies are lovely and moist, almost cakey, with a soft peanut buttery goodness that is dangerously addictive. I used smooth peanut butter and added chopped peanuts, but if you didn’t have any peanuts to hand you could use crunchy peanut butter instead. Although I might still add peanuts, but that is because I love them. They remind me of my wonderful late Grandpa, who always had a dish of salted peanuts on the side in the living room. I was given the dish after he died, and I only ever put peanuts in it. It just doesn’t look right if I use it for anything else, and I love how it brings back my happy memories of him.  

To read more, please click here...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.