Wednesday, November 02, 2011

A Very Posh Pudding


If you are thinking of making a traditional British Christmas Pudding, now is a great time to do start. There are those who would argue with this, citing Stir Up Sunday (on 20th November this year) as the day for pudding making. However, many of the British cooks I know don't stick to this custom, as Christmas puddings improve with keeping - in some cases, the more, the better. The flavours mingle and intensify, making a traditional pudding the dessert most British families would not be without on Christmas Day. 

I say this, rather controversially, as someone who does not generally like Christmas pudding. I find the texture of most Christmas puddings very heavy, and the flavours quite strong. However, once in a while I come across a pudding that tastes ambrosial- light, fragrant,

To read more, please click here...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.