Sunday, December 11, 2011

Coconut, Date and Cherry Christmas Squares



The Christmas season inevitably brings back memories of loved ones who are no longer with us, and I often think of my lovely Aunt Irene. Auntie Irene was one of my Dad’s sisters. A tiny lady, not much more than five feet tall, she had sparkling eyes and the most remarkable, joyful laugh I have ever heard. She was vibrant, vivacious, and she had the coolest floral bathing caps this side of, well, I don’t really know where, but trust me, they were cool. The family often gathered at her house, which was beside the rather aptly named Paradise Lake. My Dad and Grandpa taught me how to swim there, and we’d have campfires in the evening. Auntie Irene was always in the background - getting people drinks, sitting by the lake and laughing. 

To read more, and for the recipe, please click here...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.