Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Enjoying New York City


Photo credit Alex J Harris

We are having a wonderful time here in New York City, watching as the city celebrates Christmas and gets ready to welcome the New Year. Walking is definitely one of the best ways to get around. I always seem to find taxi drivers who either haven’t been in New York very long or think I don’t know the city very well - like the one the other night who had no idea where the iconic Russian Tea Rooms were (or so he said). Luckily I have eaten there so many times I know the address by heart. He was very disappointed, and kept mumbling ‘never heard of it’! Then there was the taxi driver who pulled away from our hotel after my husband and I got in the taxi, but before our son did. I’m not sure who that was more scary for - my husband and I in the car, or for my son with his toes just inches from virtually spinning taxi wheels. Maybe I’m just ‘lucky’ with New York taxi drivers, but seriously, I’d much rather walk! 

To read more, please click here...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.