Thursday, December 01, 2011

Very Versatile Slice and Bake Cookies



I’ve been playing around with slice and bake cookies recently, so you may already have seen my Peanut Butter and Honey Slice and Bake Cookies or my Chocolate Chip Slice and Bakes. Based on an old family recipe my late Mom shared with me, this recipe is just a plain cookie, but it has loads of room for variations, and you name it, I’ve tried it! The version I make most often is vanilla nut because it has a chewy butterscotch-y flavour I can’t get enough of. However, the possibilities are endless. 

You can use any flavouring you like - vanilla, almond, maple, anise, anything else that tickles your fancy

You can add half a cup to 1 cup of any kind of chopped nuts or dried fruit - walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, raisins, apricots, dates - the only limit is your imagination

You can add 2 to 3 teaspoons of any sort of spices - cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg all work really well


To read more, please click here...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.