Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My Mom's Jam Muffins



My Mom didn’t bake a lot, so when she did, it was a real treat. She would often make these for cold winter afternoons, after we came home from ice skating. They tasted so good with a mug of hot chocolate! They are also perfect for breakfast, and they could not be easier to make. 

My Mom used to use all whole wheat flour, and of course you are welcome to do so, but I prefer the lighter texture achieved by using half whole wheat flour and half white. As for the jam, my Mom called these Cherry Coconut muffins, so the original recipe called for cherry jam. However you can use absolutely any flavour you like - I have tried all kinds and have yet to find one that isn’t delicious! 

To read more, please click here...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.