Monday, February 06, 2012

Banana Oatmeal Raisin Muffins



I always like to be sure that the muffins I bake have something in them that is good for you, and recently I’ve been experimenting with oats. I make bran muffins regularly, but I rarely use oats, and they really are good for you too. Like bran, oats are a wonderful source of dietary fibre, and they also contain beneficial phytochemicals and proteins as well as thiamin, folic acid and vitamin E. Plus they have a low glycemic index, which helps keep you fuller longer. 

I’ve always loved the combination of oatmeal and raisins in cookies so I decided to experiment. Three test batches later, these muffins were judged the best by my very patient recipe testers. The brown sugar gives a lovely, treacly sweetness and the spices and flavouring really make these muffins special. 

For the recipe, please click here...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.