We are working on our house this weekend, getting ready for some custom made furniture that is going to be installed in our study and master bedroom in a few weeks’ time. This means moving all the furniture we now have in the study - which is beautiful, good quality stuff but which just does not fit the style of the room - up to our son’s study upstairs. (As we only have one child and a big house, he is very lucky and has two rooms, a bedroom with en-suite and a study.) We then need to move some of his furniture downstairs so we can give it a quick brush up and sell it on Ebay and also sort through what is left in the study downstairs. Tomorrow we are hoping to start painting.
Meanwhile, I keep casting my mind back to some of the amazing things I saw on a visit to Harrods last week. They had some pretty amazing prices as well, so they really are the stuff of dreams at the moment, but they are gorgeous. We definitely found the dining room suite that would be perfect for us -
although as I have a perfectly good dining room suite with lots of beautiful memories attached to it - and just one chair from the suite above costs over £1000 - it will remain the stuff of dreams for the moment. Mind you this dining room suite from Ralph Lauren is pretty gorgeous as well...
but a bit too small for what we would need (and a similar price to the first one!) The thing I fell in love with the most was this amazing bedroom suite from Ralph Lauren.
Beautiful from every angle... Definitely the stuff of dreams!
Enough dreaming though - I had better get back to the clearing up, painting and sorting before my husband and son notice I’ve slipped away...
What are you up to this weekend? Whatever it is, I hope you are having a wonderful one!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.